I can’t wait for you to meet my Mama! She is so faithful, loving, kind – the epitome of a mother. Also her homekeeping skills? Top notch. This woman knows how to calmly whip out a gourmet dinner with no ingredients in the house – and 4 loud children at her feet. She loves Jesus first and foremost, and every day dedicates herself to her family. Thank you, Mama, for sharing your wisdom! Much love.
1. What did you wish you knew when first setting up a kitchen/home?
Keep it simple. No “recipes” needed; just grill, steam, sauté, or serve fresh. No fancy sauces, multiple steps – just wash, chop or trim, season, quick cook.
2. What is your favorite kitchen shortcut?
3. What is your favorite dinnertime memory from your childhood?
4. What is your favorite dinnertime memory from when you had kids at home?
Probably the hubbub of feeding a baby in the high chair, while a toddler feeds himself, and two others eat firsts and seconds, talk to Daddy, clear the table, and bring in dessert. Nothing better. A close second: around the table, peeling boiled shrimp bought near my parents’ coastal home, or eating crab cakes from crabs caught off their dock.
5. When there is no food in the house, I like to eat ____ for dinner. (fill in the blank)
Salad with hard boiled eggs and cheese on top.
Rapid Fire Questions: What is (are) your…