Homemade granola is delicious, easy and there are infinite variations.
I love making a batch and eating it with milk, on top of yogurt, with fruit, or sprinkled on almond butter toast.
It doesn’t hurt that its super healthy and stocked with fiber and healthy fats. (especially if you use the coconut oil and nuts) Whats not to love?
- 4 cups of rolled oatmeal (NOT quick oats)
- ½ cup of oil (coconut - slightly melted, light olive oil, vegetable oil, or other lightly flavored oil)
- ½ cup or less of sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave, or combo)
- Up to a cup of flax, chia, puffed millet, puffed barley, etc
- Up to a ½ cup of nuts (pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
- Up to a cup of fruit (dried cranberries, dried blueberries, broken up banana chips, etc.)
- Mix all ingredients except fruit until everything is evenly coated.
- Bake at 350 mixing every 8 minutes. When everything is lightly browned (about 20 minutes) turn the oven off but leave the granola inside.
- After about 30 minutes remove granola from the oven and stir in the fruit. Don't be concerned if you have to break up chunks of oatmeal.
Do you have any ideas for other ingredients to add? Any delicious variations?