I think I’ve asked for my mom’s Easy Parmesan Chicken for the majority of my birthdays. I always ask for Parmesan Chicken, Squash Casserole and Green Beans. I mean, how can I resist? It’s the BEST meal!
My mother-in-law make a very similar dish – but the chicken is cut up into bites, so the chicken is more like chicken nuggets. This variation is really good – so I am including both here :).
One reason I love this dish is because it only takes a few minutes to prep, and then I can throw it in the oven while I finish things up around the house. I love a good dinner that cooks in the background :).
I usually have a package of chicken breasts in the fridge or freezer – and make this at least 1-2 times a month. Everyone loves it! This recipe makes enough for 2-4 people. But, because it is a great company meal (and makes great leftovers), I often double it for more.
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- 1-2 Cup of Seasoned Breadcrumbs (or you can use plain breadcrumbs, crumbled-up Saltine Crackers, etc.)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (or just sprinkle a lot in there!)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pound of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Grease 13x9 baking dish with Pam or Baking Spray.
- Melt butter (on stovetop or microwave). Squeeze some lemon juice into melted butter if you like.
- Mix seasoned breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese. Add several sprinkles of Salt and Pepper.
- Variation: Cut chicken up in bite-sized pieces for "chicken nuggets".
- Dip chicken in butter, then breadcrumbs. Lay in pan.
- When done, you can sprinkle any leftover breadcrumbs on top and drizzle any leftover butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees around 30 min. Just judge when you think it's done.
- Easy and yummy!